Tuesday, December 10, 2013

We'd Hibernate With These Books

This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is all about our Winter reading lists. For me (Lesley Anne), Winter is one of my very favorite times to get some reading done! It's just the perfect season to stay cozied up inside with a good book and a warm cup of tea. And as you can see, I tend to crave me some fantasy reads during the colder months. But I do plan to make Jane Eyre a priority, which I know will make Jenny and Brenna really happy! ;) So without further ado, here are the Top Ten Books on our Winter TBRs.    

Top Ten Books on Lesley Anne's Winter TBR


1. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
2. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
3. Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
4. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
5. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
5. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
6. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
8. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
9. Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
10. Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Top Ten Books on Jenny's Winter TBR



1. The Chosen by Chaim Potok
2. Sula by Toni Morrison
3. Fledgling by Octavia Butler
4. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
5. The Woman Warrior by Maxine Hong Kingston
6. The Brief Wonderful Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
7. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
8. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
9. The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien
10. Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien

What books are you planning to read this Winter?

6 comments:

  1. YES! Jane Eyre! Pretty please finish! It's dark and beautiful and amazing!

    On a different note, if you're craving more fantasy in the cold months (which I feel too, it's like you took the words out of my mouth!), you should pick up Daughter of Smoke and Bone. It's one of the best things I read all year.

    I also need to get to Shadow and Bone (I just picked it up and am ready to jump in). We should read that one together!

    Jenny: You MUST finish LOTR. I read them years and years ago and need to revisit them because no one writes like Tolkien. And Me Before You ruined me. You must make that a priority, but only when you have time to be emotionally unstable for a few days. ;) haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Jane Eyre will be my next read after we finish Shadow and Bone and Siege and Storm. I need to throw in a classic for a nice change of pace. :) Also, you will be happy to know I put Daughter of Smoke and Bone on hold at the library! YAY!

      Delete
  2. I really want to read the Grisha series, have heard so many amazing things about that one! Great list! I hope you get to read them all. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love your Winter TBR list, too! Especially Cinder and Scarlet and Avalon. Can't wait to see what you think of those! And you MUST read the Grisha series. I'm in the middle of Shadow and Bone right now and can already tell it's going to be a new favorite.

      Delete
  3. So many good books on this list! As I'm sure you know, I adored Me Before You and Burial Rites. I can't wait for you to read both of those! I also really loved Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight, and I hope you do, too. I was surprised by just how much I fell in love with those books! And yay Jane Eyre - so happy to see this classic on your list.

    I've also got The Bone Season, Shadow and Bone and Allegiant on my TBR. I hope I get to those soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't wait to get to Burial Rights and Me Before You either! Burial Rights will be a must-read for me this season, especially considering the Iceland setting. It just begs to be read in winter! Also, I was so excited to see how much you loved Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight! Your love for them has convinced me to buy them with some of my Christmas money. Can't wait to get into it and talk about all the feels! And speaking of, you HAVE to move Shadow and Bone up on your TBR. If you loved Sarah J. Maas, I think you will really love the world Leigh Bardugo created in her Grisha series! It is just lovely and wonderful and perfect. :)

      Delete