Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Stacking the Shelves {December 2013}


Hey y'all! Lesley Anne here. Jenny and I are taking a break from Top Ten Tuesday today to enjoy New Year's Eve with family and friends, buuuut...I did want to drop in real quick and show you guys the books I got for Christmas! I'm linking up with Tynga's Reviews, so head over here if you want to check out what everyone else has added to their shelves this month. 


Gifted for Christmas:
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
The Southerner's Handbook: A Guide to Living the Good Life by the Editors of Garden & Gun
Suck Your Stomach In and Put Some Color On! by Shellie Rushing Tomlinson
Celebrating Pride and Prejudice: 200 Years of Jane Austen's Masterpiece by Susannah Fullerton
The Hobbit (75th Anniversary Edition) by J.R.R. Tolkien
Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler
ESV Study Bible


Bought With Christmas Gift Cards:
The Lord of the Rings (Deluxe Edition) by J.R.R. Tolkien
Four Classic Novels: Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Emma, and Persuasion by Jane Austen
Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm


Added for Free to Nook:
The Choice by Suzanne Woods Fisher
A Feast of Dragons by Morgan Rice
Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer
Picture Perfect by Janice Thompson
Fall for You by Cecilia Gray
A Constant Heart by Siri Mitchell


Bought for Nook:
Fracture Me by Tahereh Mafi
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon


Grabbed From My Parents' House Because They Were Cleaning Out the Basement:
Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
The Incredible Journey by Sheila Burnford
Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry
Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper
Finding God in The Lord of the Rings by Kurt Bruner and Jim Ware
The Ocean Within by V.M. Caldwell

Treasures of the North by Tracie Peterson
Ashes and Ice by Tracie Peterson
Rivers of Gold by Tracie Peterson

Whew! Just thinking about all those books makes me tired (but also excited!). What books did you add to your shelves this month? I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year! 

4 comments:

  1. These pictures are so pretty! I love them :) And, wow, that's a lot of books! I tried reading Great Expectations a couple of months ago and had a really hard time getting into it and kind of gave up. Normally I love classics, but that one just didn't grab me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miranda! And yeah, I'm a little nervous I won't like Great Expectations, but at least the cover is pretty! :)

      Delete
  2. Love your photos! So excited about the books you got for Christmas - and can't wait to hear what you think of a few of them! Your new Bible is gorgeous, too. I've been thinking about getting the ESV Study Bible, and I'm pretty sure your photo might just have convinced me :) I got Fracture Me, too, and already read it. We'll have to discuss once you've read it! I also got Outlander since it was on sale - hope we both like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah, I absolutely LOVE my new ESV Study Bible! You should definitely get one. It's my favorite gift I got this Christmas. I think they are even on sale for 50% off at Family Christian Stores right now, so perfect timing for you! Also, can't wait to discuss Fracture Me! And I was so excited when I saw Outlander was on sale for Nook. Such a great deal for such a big book!

      Delete