Monday, July 7, 2014

Newest Tea Obsession

I (Jenny) have discovered a new brand of tea and I am IN LOVE. I want all other tea drinkers to be in love too.

Allow me to introduce you to Paromi Tea. I myself am only familiar with two of their teas (at the moment) so it is, I admit, a new friend for me as well. I discovered it at Fresh Market in Athens one day. I was immediately drawn to the packaging:


Gorgeous, right? They are packaged in beautiful gray glass jars. You know something is good if it is packaged in glass. Plastic is for the every day tea; glass indicates that this tea is something special. Of course I had to pick up a jar to study the label more closely. The jar is smooth and cool and feels lovely in your hand. These people know how to draw you in without even having tasted the tea! You just want to own tea that comes packaged in these special jars.

Moving on. The next step to falling in love with these teas was this little beauty on the lid:


It might be a little hard to see in the picture, but the top says "Mug-Size Tea Sachets". Just think on that for a sec. These sachets are potent enough for a mug of tea, not just a cup! I don't know about y'all, but that is something special. There are tons of times when I want a huge cup of tea, not just the dainty Victorian sized cup. Often that means that my tea is a little more diluted than I would like, but I suffer through. No need to suffer now! Paromi has solved that problem.

The final step to falling in love was the taste of the tea itself. The first one I bought was the Chamomile Lavender. I was out of chamomile tea and decided to be good and buy only what I needed. When I opened the tea at home I was blown away by the smell alone. I could have left the jar open and used it as potpourri in my kitchen. This tea is so smooth. The chamomile and lavender pair nicely to create a tea that does not need any sugar added. Sometimes chamomile tastes overwhelmingly of apples, but not this chamomile. The lavender tempers it so it is more well-balanced.

The second one I bought was the Cinnamon Chai. As you all know, I am a huge fan of chai. Most chais already have cinnamon in them, but you cannot taste it like you taste it here. Cinnamon can be too spicy if it is not tempered with other flavors and this tea does that beautifully. It is not made with black tea, as is most common in chai, but with African rooibos, which helps to calm the spiciness of the cinnamon. This tea is, hands down, my new favorite chai (from the store).

(Cup vs. Mug)

This tea is on the pricy side- about $10 per jar, but I cannot emphasize enough how much it is worth it. You are really getting your money's worth because of the quality of the ingredients and the fact that you can get at least 2 cups from each sachet, depending on how robust you like your tea. I hope you will branch out and try these wonderful teas. If you live near me, contact me and I will get you a sachet so you can try it before buying it. I can promise that you won't be sorry!

4 comments:

  1. Good eye- the packaging is very nice. You have good taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with Ashley. The chamomile sounds delicious! I just bought a huge mug for tea yesterday. I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can give you a sachet of mine to try if you'd like!

      Delete