Thursday, September 4, 2014

We Started a Book Club!

When Jenny and I started this blog last November, we didn't expect much to come from it, except for it to be our own little corner of the Internet where we could talk about the books we read and loved (and sometimes didn't love), and share our obsession in general with all things bookish.

Then, as time went by, people we knew in real life started coming up to us and telling us how they loved our blog and that it inspired them to start reading again -- absolute music to our ears! We had NO idea of the goodness coming our way when we first started this blog. Before we knew it, we had all these people we could talk books with in real life that we never knew about before, and small thanks to our blog for giving them a reason to start those conversations in the first place.

So earlier this summer all of this had me thinking, and an idea suddenly came to my head in the middle of the work day (isn't that how it always works?) -- we should bring all these people together and start a BOOK CLUB. How fun would that be?!?! I asked Jenny about it one night and she loved the idea, and from there we got down to business with planning everything out.

Fast forward through a ton of details, and we get to the first meeting, which was two weeks ago today. We made sure to keep it really low-key and low-pressure. We basically used it as a time to get together and eat (of course!) and for the girls to get to know each other. We had 11 girls come to the first meeting, and we have 14 interested in participating overall. Bless my socks off! We are SO excited about where this is headed.

At the first meeting we also picked out our book for September and discussed how often we wanted to meet and how we wanted to go about picking the book for every month. I guess we were having so much fun that night that I COMPLETELY forgot to take pictures until after everybody left (FAIL), so the pictures in this post are the best I could do in that department. I'll be sure to take pictures of people when we get together in September. Promise! And if you're curious, be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom to see which book we're reading and discussing in September!  

BUTTERBEER cupcakes. Oh yes. We have quite a few HP fans!

And the September book club pick is…


Longbourn by Jo Baker! The Pride & Prejudice lover in me is SO excited about this book! Jenny and I have some fun plans in the works for how we'll talk about book club books on the blog, so be sure to stayed tuned for our thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! So glad I'm a part of this. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agh. I wish I lived close enough to be a part of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Longbourn jjust came in the mail today so I feel like I have a bit of catching up to do =P But looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete