Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Top Ten Things On Our Bookish Bucket List

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is Top Ten Things On Our Bookish Bucket List. This topic was so much fun to write about! Jenny and I decided to split it 50/50 this time. Even though it's supposed to be a bookish bucket list, the majority of our items require us to travel somewhere as well. What can we say? Reading gives us a serious case of the wanderlust! 

Top 5 Things on Lesley Anne's Bookish Bucket List  


1. Roam the halls of Pemberley. Chatsworth House is the real name of this gorgeous estate in Derbyshire, United Kingdom used in the 2005 film adaptation of Pride and Prejudice. I would love nothing more than to roam around for hours and soak in the fine details of this beautiful home.

2. Tour the Hobbiton movie set. OMG YOU GUYS. Visiting New Zealand is at the very top of my travel bucket list, because it basically IS Middle Earth, among other things. If I ever have the chance to tour the Hobbiton movie set in Matamata, NZ, it will certainly make my geeky life complete.

3. Purchase a book at Shakespeare & Co. in Paris. Paris + books…need I say more?

4. Drink some Butterbeer at The Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade. So the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is only a 1.5-hour plane ride away from where I live. I have no idea why we haven't made this happen yet. I like to say we've just been waiting for the awesome that will be Diagon Alley.

5. Plan a weekend getaway to Prince Edward Island - L.M. Montgomery killed me with her descriptions of Prince Edward Island in Anne of Green Gables. Now I have to see The Lake of Shining Waters and The White Way of Delight for myself!

Top 5 Things on Jenny's Bookish Bucket List


1. Drink a pint at The Eagle and Child Pub. This is where J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, and other literary-minded friends would meet and discuss the works they were writing. Can you imagine sitting at a table near them when they were discussing the plot development of LOTR or The Chronicles of Narnia?! (Disclaimer- I probably would drink a coke, but just to be there... *sigh*)

2. Create a reading room. If you are a reader and you don't love the library in Beast's castle, something is seriously wrong with you. Not that I don't want a 5 story library with sliding ladder to swing around on, but that is not very practical. I would love one room that is designated for books + reading. A place that you can curl up with a book for hours, and if you finish the book, just pluck another one off the shelf. 

3. Read all of Neil Gaiman's Sandman graphic novels. Y'all, I am so obsessed with Neil Gaiman! I blogged here about how he was one of my new authors in 2013. I just finished American Gods (review coming soon!) and am ready for more of his adult fantasy.

4. See the Beowulf manuscript in person. I could write a 3 page blog post on the uniqueness of Beowulf, but I will spare you. We have only one surviving manuscript and it is housed at The British Museum. England + what I've dedicated the last 2 years of my life to? Yes, please! (If anyone is interested in learning more, I would love to talk to you about it!)

5. Visit every library on this list. I know this is cheating a little bit, but they are just too beautiful to pick just one. Check out the slide show- you won't be sorry!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I would love to travel to Prince Edward Island as well! It would be great fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Alison! I saw Prince Edward Island pop up on a lot of bookish bucket lists last week. We should all just take one big book blogger trip there! Also, I love the last item on your bucket list. I can't wait to share my love of books with my kids one day (and hopefully they will "get it," haha!).

      Delete