Thursday, January 23, 2014

Review: Winter Passing

The Vitals

Winter Passing by Cindy McCormick Martinusen
Release Date: 1 September 2000
Page Count: 377
Genre: Christian Historical Fiction
Target Audience: Adult
Series: Winter Passing Trilogy #1
Source and Format: Purchased; Paperback

Summary (From Goodreads)
Darby Evans stands before her grandmother's bed, wondering why the dying older woman calls the name of a stranger--Tatianna. A young woman searches for clues to her grandmother's love and legacy lost during World War II. A beautiful story of ultimate love and the passing of a sixty-year-old winter of sorrow.






Notes on Winter Passing
As you can tell from the chart, I really love this book. It combines one of my favorite time periods- WWII- with a beautiful story. When I say beautiful, I mean beautiful. It is one of those stories that is so poignant it will stick with you for a long time to come. I do not want to tell you a lot about it because I want you to go read it for yourself. The book is both historical and contemporary fiction. The protagonist- Darby- is searching out her grandmother's story. The storyline switches back and forth from Europe in WWII to the present day as Darby is uncovering her grandmother's secrets. I like stories that do this; I can understand that not everyone is a fan. This book will make you so thankful for your best friend and make you want to hop on a plane to Europe.

Chief Complaint
Honestly, I do not have any complaints. I love everything about this book. If I were to try and find a complaint, it would be that the second book, Blue Night, is not quite as good as the first. But it's hard to create perfection twice so I am not overly upset about it :)

Overall Diagnosis


Get A Second Opinion
Sadly, after hours of scouring the internet, I was unable to come up with any blog posts about this book. I think it is because it was published before blogging really took off. If you would like another opinion, I would suggest reading the Goodreads page so you can see what other readers thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment