Thursday, January 21, 2016

New Look + 2016 Reading Goals!


Jenny's 2016 Reading Goals

I wanted to try something a little different with my resolutions this year. Rather than setting a couple of year-long goals, I am going to be doing monthly resolutions. This will make me feel like I am accomplishing things and also giving me a realistic time frame. Let's be honest — year-long resolutions are really difficult. I have been pretty good at my reading ones so far, but I want to try to really stretch myself. This is the first year I am not in school since preschool; I can literally read whatever I want whenever I want. My twelve micro-resolutions are going to help me rein in that freedom. Freedom is not a bad thing, but I need a bit more structure or else I will only read the same genre or re-read the same things over and over again. It will also help me to actually achieve my goals without completely restricting my freedom. (The older I get the more I realize that boundaries are not bad things. I am slowly getting wise.) They are a mixture of reading and blogging and I will, of course, be updating each month.

January: Only read non-fiction + classics
February: Review 5 books on the blog
March: Join the library + read 10 library books
April: Only read books that are on my Goodreads TBR list
May: Read 1 work in Old English (do not want to get rusty!)
June: Do a Top Ten Tuesday post for each Tuesday of the month
July: Read 15 books on Buzzfeed's list of greatest books by women
August: Read 1 work in Old Norse
September: Read 10 books that have been recommended to me
October: Read 15 books set in cultures other than my own
November: Write 10 blogposts
December: Read The Hobbit in Latin (yes, this is a thing!)

Also, in case y'all were so taken with my reading goals that you did not notice, we have a new look here on the blog! Lesley Anne and I wanted to update our style with something more clean and user-friendly. It took quite a bit of time to choose one because there are so many great ones out there. The good news is our tastes are pretty similar so we did not have to worry about breaking up a friendship over choosing a blog format (I feel like that could be the plot of a YA book). I know we have been negligent about posting these past few months but that is something we are both hoping to change. Thank you for sticking it out with us. Hope y'all's new years are off to a wonderful (if chilly!) start :)

No comments:

Post a Comment