Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Ten Books On Lesley Anne's Summer Reading List


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is one of my absolute favorites! Whether I'm at the beach, chilling on the dock at the lake, laying by the pool, or just doing some front porch sittin', summertime reading really is the best. Here are ten books I'm hoping to get to over the next few months:

1. Restless by Jennie Allen - I've been craving a lot of non-fiction lately, and no one can give me a kick in the pants more than Jennie Allen can. I've started and stopped this book several times, but have a feeling this summer is the right time to finally dig in to it.

2. Between, Georgia by Joshilyn Jackson - Those who live close to Jenny and me will get a chuckle out of this title since there actually IS a town called Between in Georgia. We've heard our fair share of "in Between" jokes, and it's such a small town, it's kind of hilarious there's a book named after it. Anyway, I've been wanting to read a Joshilyn Jackson novel for a while now, so I think this will be the perfect place to start!

3. Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen - There's something about this book that screams summertime reading to me. I'm so excited to get lost in this story and get to know the infamous Waverley family!

4. A Million Little Ways by Emily P. Freeman - I'm actually in the middle of reading this right now and it's SO good. I expect to finish this before the week is over!

5 - 6. The Queen of the Tearling and The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen - I bought the hardcover of Queen of the Tearling back when it came out last summer (because if I'm being honest---the endpapers were way too pretty to resist). For some reason I haven't gotten around to reading it yet, but now that the second book is out, I have even more motivation to knock both of these off my TBR.

7. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas - I'm not sure what's wrong with me and why I haven't read this yet?! This is for sure next after I finish A Million Little Ways.

8. Emma by Jane Austen - GAHHHH I need to finish this book. Like yesterday.

9. Simplify: Ten Practices to Unclutter Your Soul by Bill Hybels - Our small group is going through this one chapter at a time, so this will probably leak onto my Fall reading list as well. We just met to discuss the first chapter a few days ago, and I'm really excited about the practical implications of this book!

10. I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai - Our book club is taking a break over the summer, but this will be the first book we discuss when we meet again in August. I know this will be an eye-opening read and I can't wait to get to know Malala's story.

What's on your reading list this summer? Let us know in the comments! 

6 comments:

  1. Great book list! The Queen of the Tearling and Court of Thorn and Roses has been on my TBR since forever. Can't wait to read your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always found Emma to be the hardest of Austen's books to read. I'm not sure why. My mom told me it was because of Miss Bates' prattling on for pages.... I'm thinking she might be right. ;)
    http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/2015/06/top-ten-books-on-my-summer-tbr-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I have wanted to read I Am Malala for a while because it seems like such an interesting read that shouldn't be missed. The Queen of Tearling also sounds great.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed ACOTAR! I hope you do too, Sarah J Maas is amazing!
    New follower :)
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoy ACOTAR and Queen of the Tearling. I loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're back!!! I'm so glad!!! I'm also smiling hearing that you are craving a lot of non-fiction lately. That has been a huge binge for me. Restless was a great book. I rented it from the library and wasn't able to finish it but I did enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete