Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The PR Report: December 2014


I'm going to be honest with y'all, this past Christmas/December was a little weird for me. About halfway through the month, I pretty much turned into a Scrooge and was OVER IT. Which was strange, because normally I'm a Christmas person. But several things that happened last month had me ready for January 1st to be here with the promise of a new year and a fresh start. I don't think I've looked forward to January more than I did this year. I don't think I've looked forward to January EVER. But this year is totally different -- and I'm grateful for the perspective this new year has given me. But I don't want to sound like December was a completely horrible month. There were actually some GOOD things that happened. So here's a quick recap of what went down in December 2014!

December in Pictures



Christmas tree hunting at Jack's Creek Farm | Cookie Swap Party | This year's wrapping paper scheme - polka dot craft paper and red linen ribbon | Doc all decked out in his Christmas bandanas | Christmas day with the family | Book Club After-Christmas Party at Cafe Intermezzo | Doc's first trip to the beach! | Sunken Gardens in St. Petersburg, FL | More fun beach time

Favorite Book Read in December


Reading in December basically didn't happen. Even though I took the last two weeks off, I barely spent any of my break at home. The only book I started and finished in December was The Selection by Kiera Cass, but I would hardly call it a favorite. I did start Sabriel by Garth Nix after Christmas, though, and really like it so far!

Most Popular Posts in December


Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Favorite Quotes from The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Discussion Post: Musings - Christmas Hymns
Guest Post: The Pathological Readers Holiday Gift Guide: Books for Kiddos Ages 0-5 (Thanks, Stephanie!)

On My Shelves in December



Gifted for Christmas
The Elite by Kiera Cass (Thanks Liz!) | 36 Hours: 125 Weekends in Europe edited by Barbara Ireland and The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien (Thanks Mom and Dad!) | When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty Without Hurting the Poor…And Yourself by Steve Corbett (Thanks Lauren!) | Fictitious Dishes by Dinah Fried and The Southern Slow Cooker Bible by Tammy Algood (Thanks Jenny & Zach!)

Bought for Small Group Bible Study
Who Do You Think You Are?: Finding Your True Identity in Christ by Mark Driscoll


Bought on Sale for Nook
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers | Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen

Free for Nook
The Hobbit (Movie Tie-In Edition) by J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment