Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The PR Report: October and November 2014


This Fall has been insane, y'all. INSANE. The first half of November especially kicked my butt, and right now I am just counting down the days until my long break from work for Christmas. I CANNOT WAIT. Over the break I'm planning on deep cleaning/organizing my house, spending some good quality time with my family, and doing a lot of reading (but you know what they say about best laid plans haha). I really can't wait. But for now, here's the highlight reel of what went down in October and November of this year. (Psst - You might have noticed I tweaked the title of the monthly recaps to The PR [Pathological Readers] Report. I like this title a lot and think it's going to stick around!).

October in Pictures


1. UGA/Vanderbilt Homecoming football game // 2. Driving the Blue Ridge Parkway // 3. Reflection time at my favorite place on earth // 4. My brother-in-law's 80's themed birthday party // 5. Camping trip with the Greavus // 6. Exploring around Sky Top Orchard

Favorite Book Read in October


I read three books in October: Mansfield Park by Jane Austen, Serena by Ron Rash, and The Maze Runner by James Dashner. I didn't really like any of them, but if I had to pick the lesser of the three evils, I would actually go with Mansfield Park. When in doubt, you can't go wrong with Austen!

Most Popular Post in October


So, we only posted twice in October. Our poor little blog has been severely neglected, y'all! BUT, out of the two posts in October, everybody loved Jenny's recap of her visit to Parnassus Books in Nashville, TN. I personally can't wait to go and climb those Beauty & the Beast ladders myself!

On My Shelves in October

Bargain Buys for Nook
In Between by Jenny B. Jones | Orphan Justice by Johnny Carr | Sabriel by Garth Nix

Bought for Shelves
The Maze Runner by James Dashner

November in Pictures


1. Nerding it up as a Stormtrooper and Princess Leia for Halloween // 2. Sneak peek of our Christmas card photoshoot // 3. The Ministry Village Benefit Dinner & Silent Auction - praise be to God for a HUGE success! // 4. Small group trip to Disney World // 5. I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!! My sister announced her pregnancy to everyone over Thanksgiving, and I am beyond thrilled to spoil this future niece or nephew of mine (arriving in June)!! // 6. Thanksgiving at the farm with the Fentons

And because this is probably my favorite picture of us ever, I had to give this photo of Jenny and me a little more spotlight. This was taken at The Ministry Village Benefit at The Engine Room in Monroe about a month ago. Who said readers had to look nerdy? Haha! ;)


Favorite Book Read in November


It's a tie between Orphan Justice by Johnny Carr and The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen! I loved them both so much.

Most Popular Post in November


We didn't post very much in November either, but out of the three posts we did manage to put together, our Book Club Review of The Maze Runner garnered the most pageviews!
  

On My Shelves in November


Bargain Buys for Nook
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers | Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen

Bought for Shelves
Yes Please by Amy Poehler

Three Things I'm Looking Forward to in December


1. CHRISTMAS!!! Need I say more?

2. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. It will be so bittersweet to journey back to Middle Earth one last time!  

3. Spending New Year's in Florida with my husband's family. There's nothing like kicking off the new year at the BEACH!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment