Thursday, October 22, 2015

The PR Report: August + September 2015


Hey hey friends! I'm here finally posting my August and September recap...

...22 days into October.

Life is crazy right now. It's been hard to put energy into the blog, which explains why you haven't heard from me in a while. My schedule is maxed out, the house is a mess, and I'm just plain tired. If there's one thing I'm learning from this season, it's that I need to get better at saying no and implementing real boundaries in my life. The people pleaser in me says yes WAY too often and I know all of you are screaming at me to read The Best Yes by Lysa Terkeurst already. I'll get on it. Soon. Pinky promise.

My friend Gretchen shared this on her Instagram today and the Lord spoke so clearly to me through her words. I desperately needed to hear them. Maybe if you're in the same boat as me, you'll find encouragement in them as well:

"I am trusting my tired eyes and weary body to the One who sees all things clearly and has strength enough for today. His faithfulness cannot be measured by our feelings or our circumstances. His grace extends beyond our messy homes, long to-do lists, and changing plans. He IS faithful and His grace upon grace never runs out on us. Rest your heart in that truth today and live in light of the gospel that never changes and meets you right where you are."

AMEN. And with that said, here's what happened in August and September:

August + September in Pictures


Hiking the Triple Falls trail in NC | Fenton family photo at High Falls | Swimming in Hooker Falls (brrr!) | Campsite setup at Cascade Lake | Hiking John Rock trail | Lillianne's 3-month photo session (she's the cutest!) 

Labor Day cabin getaway | Photoshoot with JMo for the blog (more on this soon!) | My sister-in-law is pregnant and it's a girl! YAY for another niece! | UGA vs. South Carolina at Sanford Stadium | Walking around downtown Seaside, FL | Reading on the beach

Favorite Books Read in August + September



Re-read: Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt 
Adult Contemporary: Before I Go by Colleen Oakley

On My Shelves in August + September


Bought for Shelves
Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee

Most Popular Posts in August + September


Lesley Anne: The Lord of the Rings Read-Along: Intro + Sign-Ups!
JennyLOTR Read-Along Discussion: Fellowship (Prologue - Chapter 5)

3 Things I'm Looking Forward To in November


1. THANKSGIVING. I love this holiday so much. The older I get, the more and more I like it better than Christmas #sorrynotsorry.
2. The Ministry Village Benefit and Silent Auction. We're having this year's event at a farm in Monroe, and I'm so excited for people to learn more about this awesome ministry!
3. Basically being done with stuff for the year. I can't wait to have a Saturday at home where we literally have ZERO things to do. It's going to be glorious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment