Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The PR Report: June + July 2015


June and July were pretty quiet months for me, which isn't a bad thing at all. Things are going really well at work, and I got to travel to Florida and North Carolina in July, which are always quintessential trips for me in the summer. When I think about how I spent my free time, it was mostly to celebrate--birthdays, promotions, friends with babies on the way--you name it. There is so much to be thankful for right now, and I'm loving this summer so far!

June + July in Pictures


Hanging out with the Homrichs | Celebrating Father's Day with family | Watching the sunset at Lake Oconee | Celebrating June birthdays in our small group at Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams (the BEST!) | Baby shower fun for my friend Deanna | Birthday dinner at The Spence


Fourth of July in Palmetto, FL | Obsessed with my new balayage highlights! | Back in the classroom to earn my Project Management Certification | You never know what you'll come across in the North Carolina mountains | My favorite summer tradition - buying a half bushel of peaches from McAbee's fruit stand | Hiking Triple Falls with my aunts and cousins

Favorite Books Read in June + July



Non-Fiction: A Million Little Ways by Emily P. Freeman
Classic: Emma by Jane Austen
Fantasy/Retelling: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

Most Popular Posts in June + July


Jenny: Five Thoughts on The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Lesley Anne: Ten Books on my Summer Reading List

On My Shelves in June + July



Bought for Shelves
Simplify: Ten Practices to Unclutter Your Soul by Bill Hybels

Gifted for My Birthday 
Before I Go by Colleen Oakley (Thanks Jenny and Zach!) | The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater and Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers (Thanks JMo!)

3 Things I'm Looking Forward To In August


1. Fenton family vacation: We're heading back up to the NC mountains to go camping with my husband's family later this month--there's rarely a dull moment with the Fentons, so I have a feeling it will be an interesting trip!   
2. Book club: We took a short break from book club over the summer, so I'm excited to get back in the swing of things and catch up with everyone (and read what should be an AMAZING book).  
3. Soaking up the last few days of summer: I can already feel the busyness of fall starting to creep in, but for now I'm going to enjoy our more open schedule in August and soak up these last few lazy days of summer (preferably poolside!). 

1 comment:

  1. I love all these photos from your summer, Lesley Anne! I'm excited to see A Million Little Ways, Emma and A Court of Thorns and Roses on your list of favorites :) And I can't wait to hear what you think about Before I Go, The Scorpio Races and Grave Mercy - looove all three of those books!

    ReplyDelete