Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Top Ten Things We Are Thankful For

Welcome to our first Top Ten Tuesday post! For those who aren't familiar, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and The Bookish, and every week they post a new Top Ten topic, usually related to bookish things.  

Since there are two of us running this blog, our approach to Top Ten Tuesday will be a little different every week. Sometimes Jenny and I will both list ten things, sometimes we'll split it 50/50, and sometimes Jenny will write the entire post by herself or vice versa. For this week's topic, Top Ten Things We Are Thankful For, we decided to go half and half. Take it away, Jenny!


Top 5 Things Jenny Is Thankful For:

1. My husband. He is a constant source of support and fun. I am a better person because of him. He is loving, stubborn, creative, a homebody, active, and thoughtful, all rolled up into one package. He is, to put it simply, my best friend.

2. The ability to travel. To say I appreciate other cultures is a bit of an understatement. I thrive on new experiences, new places, and new cultures. I love foreign books because you get a glimpse into the mindset of that country.

3. My family. They drive me crazy at times, but I would not trade them for anything (most days). We are close knit yet always willing to include more. No one makes me laugh the way they do. They are always there, no matter what.

4. The opportunity to study literature at the graduate level. To say I am a nerd is a bit of an understatement. I censor my words as it is so I can still have friends. My fellow students, however, speak my language fluently. It is invigorating to be surrounded by people who love literature (or whatever) at the same level.

5. Jesus. I would be a much different person in a very different place if it were not for my relationship with him. He has been my rock and has been proved faithful. He loves me and my little faith.
   
Top 5 Things Lesley Anne Is Thankful For:

1. My husband. I know it may be cliche, but I really am so thankful for him! I can't brag enough on how hard he has worked to provide for our family this year. He finished up his final clinical rotation for PT school in April, earned his Doctorate in Physical Therapy in May, studied for the Board exam for 6 weeks over the summer, successfully passed in July, and now is working as a full-time PT at an outpatient clinic in metro Atlanta. Oh, and in the midst of all that, he built and refinished several pieces of furniture for our new house. Husband of the year award definitely goes to him!

2. My family. Since we moved this summer back to the town where I grew up, I now live only 5 minutes away from my parents and about 2 minutes away from my sister and her husband. I am so thankful for the quality time we get to spend together now! I love my family and love that we live so close. And also thankful we all recognize each other's boundaries and know when to give each other space! ;)   

3. Our first home. Sometimes I still can't believe Kyle and I own our own home. We bought our first house back in June of this year, and we are still in love! After moving from rental to rental ever since I left for college back in 2006, I am so thankful to finally have a place to call my own, a place where we can settle down and really get to know the people in the area around us.

4. A growing photography business. This year I've seen my love for taking pictures start to really blossom into a business! I've done engagement, maternity, newborn, first birthday, and family Christmas card photos for so many amazing clients this year. I'm so thankful for all this experience, and can't wait to see what 2014 holds!

5. Audiobooks. I had to include one bookish thing. :) I seriously don't know how I would make it through my one-hour commute to and from Atlanta everyday without audiobooks. They keep me sane!

No comments:

Post a Comment