Thursday, January 12, 2017

Lesley Anne: 17 Books in 2017



I am so excited about today's post! As I mentioned in my last post, I read about half as much as I normally do in 2016, and I think that was partly due to becoming a new mom, and partly because I didn't have a plan in place. As an INFP, structure usually doesn't motivate me, and oftentimes it does the opposite. I'm also a big-time mood reader, so saying I'm going to read a specific book each month doesn't work either. But I knew if I didn't make some sort of plan for this year, I was going to flounder around and end up not reading as much as I would like again. So this year I'm aiming to read 17 books, and giving myself the flexibility to choose from the 25 books listed below. I divided everything up by genre so when a specific mood strikes, I know exactly where to go [and as you'll see under the fiction category, I've obviously declared this as the year of Sarah J. Maas ;) ]. Who knows exactly what this year will hold, but I'm excited to get started!   

Faith

1. Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out, and Lonely by Lysa TerKeurst
2. Grace Not Perfection: Embracing Simplicity, Celebrating Joy by Emily Ley
3. The Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie Omartian

Home  

4. The Life-Giving Home: Creating a Place of Belonging and Becoming by Sally & Sarah Clarkson
5. The Complete Book of Home Organization by Toni Hammersley

Memoir/Biography 

6. The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines
7. Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire by Amanda Foreman

Family/Parenting

8. Missional Motherhood: The Everyday Ministry of Motherhood in the Grand Plan of God by Gloria Furman
9. On Becoming Baby Wise: Giving Your Infant the Gift of Nighttime Sleep by Gary Ezzo
10. Dare to Discipline by Dr. James Dobson
11. Parenting: 14 Gospel Principles That Can Radically Change Your Family by Paul David Tripp
12. Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp

Fiction - Fantasy 

13. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne, & John Tiffany
14. Uprooted by Naomi Novik
15. Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier
16. The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas
17. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
18. Crown  of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
19. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
20. Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
21. Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas
22. A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas

Misc

23. The Highly Sensitive Person: How to Thrive When the World Overwhelms You by Elaine Aron
24. The Royal We by Heather Cocks & Jessica Morgan
25. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

What's on your reading list for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment