Friday, November 18, 2016

Thanksgiving TBR List

Thank goodness Blogger autosaves my password. It has been so long since I have blogged that I was afraid Blogger would deny me access simply on principle. Though, honestly, I do not know how I am supposed to follow Lesley Anne's incredibly poignant and perfectly beautiful post about sweet baby Gabe's birth. (If you missed it, read it here. It will make 2016 seem a little less hopeless.)

Here is a gratuitous picture of Gabe to make your heart melt.


Okay, moving on. There has been a significant change in my own life as well but this is not the post for that. We are the Pathological Readers, after all. We want books! Life stories are all well and good, but what about the books?

Glad you asked. Here are the books that are going to keep me company next week when I AM OFF FOR THE ENTIRE WEEK.


Jenny's Thanksgiving TBR List (in no particular order)


1. Wonder by R.J. Palacio. A friend recommended this book about a month ago, and since then, I kid you not, no less than 4 other people have mentioned it. The universe is telling me to read it.

2. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. This is our book club read for November. If anyone has a copy they would let me borrow I would really, really appreciate it!

3. Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine. Lauren got me the first book in this series for my birthday and I devoured it. I immediately ordered the second one and am trying to exercise self-control and not read it until I am free.

4. Surprised by Hope by N.T. Wright. Technically I have already started this one but I am only able to read a chapter here and there. I want to be able to dedicate serious time to finishing it because it is really good.

5. Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis. This is my favorite book and I re-read it every year. I have not done so this year and I do not want to be rushed while I am savoring it. (Side note: anyone else slightly disturbed by my constant use of food metaphors in relation to books/reading?)

This is it, my lovelies. I hope your Thanksgiving includes plenty of time for reading books that make you think, books that entertain you, and books that make you glad to be alive in this crazy world. I hope you get enough time with friends and family to feel well-loved and thankful for your life. I hope you eat a meal (or two or three) that is filling, memorable, and out of the norm. I hope you look at the world through a lens of thankfulness, rather than bitterness, even if it is only for a day. Be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment